Be still and know that I am God ; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our Green Pastures - 23rd Psalm comes alive & tangible in our back yard

Psalm 23
The Promise of God's Goodness

The Lord is my Shepard. I shall lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside still waters,

He restores my soul.

He guides me in the paths of righteousness

For His name sake. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me.

Your rod and staff, they comfort me 
 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You annoint my head with oil; my cup overflows

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!
 
What a beautiful & tangible picture the Lord gave me the other day as I was sitting on my back porch mediatating & pondering on the goodness of God through the reading of Psalm 23.
His Word became alive before my eyes as I breathed in the green pastures He has provided for me and family right in our backyard. The Lord has blessed my husbands hardworking hands & creative eye; as David has crafted our backyard into a  place where my heart & mind can rest & be restored.  
 
For I am confident of God's goodness-in this life and in the life to come. Yahweh is my Shepard. He is a covenant God who promises to take care of His people and has revealed himself to be full of  love, compassion, patience, fidelity, and forgiveness.
The image of God as my Shepard arouses emotions of care, provision, and protection. A good shepard is personally concerned with the welfare of His sheep. Because of God's care "I shall not be in want/I shall not lack anything." By the acts of God, "he makes me lie down...He leads...He restores...He guides."
And by the resulting tranquilty of His daily presence in my life, "I will fear no evil."
I rejoice that Yahweh is like a shepard in his provision, guidance, and protection, so that I lack nothing and fear not because He is always with me.
His royal rod and staff comfort me and bring joy to my heart again and again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment